Our story and what makes us different – expertise is drawn from direct operational experience
The Planning Solutions group was established in 1995, by Mike Stickland, tracing its roots back to the Rank Group, where we were responsible for developing Oasis Forest Holidays (subsequently acquired by Center Parcs) and the rebranded Warner Leisure Hotels product.
Our sister company Planning Solutions Limited, has been investing in, developing and managing a number of tourism, leisure and visitor experience businesses for over 20 years. Find out more about management operations. These include:
- CONKERS, a £19 million day visitor attraction in Leicestershire
- The National Brewery Centre formerly the Bass Museum in Staffordshire
- Kent Life Heritage Farm Park, a farm park experience in Kent
Activity and adrenaline experiences
- The Cotswold Country Park and Beach, in the Cotswolds
- A High and Low Ropes Aerial Adventure in Leicestershire
- Vertigo Adventures, a high and low ropes adventure at Stanborough Park
Retail parks and shopping centres
- Super-Tubing adventure experience in Ebbw Vale, Gwent
- Springfields Adventure Land in Spalding, Lincolnshire
Hotel and micro-brewery
- The Royal Esplanade Hotel in the Isle of Wight
- The William Worthington Brewery, a micro-brewery in Staffordshire
Other leisure businesses
- A craft bakery on the Isle of Wight
- A Harry Ramsden’s franchise in East Sussex (operated from 1999 to 2016)
- Onboard TV an advertising and marketing service on Wightlink ferries (operated until 2018)
We have found that this practical operational and direct development experience helps to create a significant positive impact when working on visitor attraction, country park, heritage, museum and tourist accommodation projects. It helps to bring a strong commercial realism to projects. Find out more about management operations.
Find out more about Planning Solutions Limited and their operations here.