Business Planning Culture Recovery Fund for Heritage
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport announced a new £1.57m Culture Recovery Fund to help secure the future of our culture and heritage sectors which have been impacted on by COVID-19. The Fund has been essential to help museums and heritage organisations survive and reopen. To date over 5,000 organisations have received support from the Fund.
How can we help?
We can work closely with your museum or heritage organisation to help you plan for a sustainable future and financial recovery from the impact of COVID-19. We can help you to transition from a pre-COVID-19 business model to a new way of operating and building financial resilience by:
- Carrying out an operational and organisation review to build organisational capacity
- Carrying out market assessments and option appraisals to identify and evaluate new revenue generation opportunities for your heritage organisation. It is critical to ensure the new opportunities meet the needs of the market (existing visitors and potentially market market segments) and are deliverable within the existing staff / volunteer resource base
- Working with you to update or develop a new business plan to reflect the impact on expenditure and income
- Identifying key risks which will impact on your business over the coming 12-months and developing mitigation strategies to overcome these
- Developing cost effective marketing action plans
We work with a small network of other professionals including conservation architects, activity plan specialists, quantity surveyors and masterplanners.
Some of the Culture Recovery Fund projects we have worked on include:
- Cambridge Museum of Technology: Business development, income generation and catering options review (currently working on)
- Forty Hall Estate: Business development consultancy. Find out more here
- Tenby Museum and Art Gallery:Governance evaluation and location assessment. Find out more here
- Tenby Museum and Art Gallery: Income generation. Find out more here.
Some of the other heritage projects we have worked on include:
- At Sewerby Hall and Gardens identifying and assessing opportunities to enhance visitor experience and income generation potential of this important heritage visitor attraction
- Carrying out an assessment and preparing supporting development plans for five country parks and one National Nature Reserve managed by Hampshire County Council as part of their Country Parks Transformation Programme
- Preparing the business plan for Ditherington Flax Mill, which secured Lottery funding
- Working at Caerphilly Castle, where we prepared a 10-year commercial masterplan
- For Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority we prepared business plans for Oriel y Parc Visitor Centre, Castell Henllys and Carew Castle Tidal Mill
What makes Planning Solutions Consulting different?
Unlike many consultancies, Planning Solutions Consulting Limited has direct hands-on experience of investing in, developing and managing a range of heritage and other tourism businesses through our sister company, Planning Solutions Limited. These include four visitor attractions, a microbrewery and a hotel. This ensures that our development advice is reinforced through practical experience and brings a strong commercial focus. Please find out more about the operational experience here.
If you feel we can be of assistance or would like to talk through an idea or plan please don’t hesitate to contact Richard Linington (email@example.com).