Client: Newport City Council and Monmouthshire County Council
Working for Newport City Council and Monmouthshire County Council we were commissioned to produce guidance notes to help with the development of sustainable visitor accommodation within the Gwent Levels, an attractive coastal location with a rural hinterland. A key objective was to encourage the development of sustainable visitor accommodation to support the diversification of the rural economy and the development of the Gwent Levels as a sustainable tourist destination.
The guidance notes included information on:
- Planning context – Newport City Council, Monmouthshire County Council and Natural Resources for Wales
- Understanding the market – key market trends and growth opportunities in respect of tourist accommodation
- Precedent examples – case studies highlighting success stories within Wales and the rest of the UK
- Business planning – advice in respect of preparing a supporting business case alongside planning applications
- Funding opportunities – set out the latest information on available funding
How can we help?
If you have any questions about developing a new visitor accommodation business or reviewing options for an existing accommodation business or would like to discuss our work please don’t hesitate to call Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org