Planning Solutions Consulting was commissioned by the City and County of Swansea on behalf of the Swansea Rural Development Programme (RDP)’s Local Action Group (LAG) – to carry out an independent and comprehensive feasibility study to enhance the offer at Ty Borfa activity centre. Ty Borfa residential activity centre offers subsidised school, youth group and family residential trips and activities. It also offers self-catering/full board and tourism opportunities to commercial guests. Our work at Ty Borfa focussed on:
- Carrying out a market assessment including a demographic profiling exercise and analysis of the tourism and activity market places
- Consulting and engaging with a range of stakeholders
- Identifying innovative commercial solutions to take advantage of the growth in the outdoor activity sector.
- Developing a plan to maximise the potential of Ty Borfa whilst at the same time being able to continue to offer a subsidised service to young people and families
- Developing a business model which provides both subsidised and commercial opportunities
How can we help?
If you have any questions about our work in the activity sector please don’t hesitate to call Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org