Working as parks and recreation consultants, Planning Solutions Consulting has delivered a range of parks and recreation projects across the UK.
Our work focusses on:
- Carrying out market assessments
- Customer research
- Preparing income generation strategies
- Recreation masterplans
- Preparing business plans to test the financial viability of projects and to secure development funding
Some of the parks and recreation projects include:
- Hampshire County Council: Visitor experience and recreation development plans, with a focus on income generation, for five country parks and a National Nature Reserve
- Nature Resources Wales: Market assessment and options appraisal which led to the development of an experience masterplan for Afan Forest Park, a key outdoor recreation space and mountain biking destination
- Forestry England: Business plan for Bedgebury which was used to secure development funding
- Hampshire County Council: Customer research to support COVID-19 recovery planning across outdoor recreation spaces (generated over 2,500 responses)
- Buckinghamshire County Council: Development plans for Langley Park, Black Park and Denham Country Park, with a focus on income generation
- South Downs National Park Authority: Supported the senior management team to prepare a business case for Seven Sisters Country Park
Unlike many consultancies, we have hands-on experience of investing in, developing and managing parks and other visitor experience businesses through our sister company, Planning Solutions Limited. These include:
- CONKERS, a 120-acre discovery centre and the former Heart of the National Forest Visitor Centre (developed on a former colliery site), near Moira
- Kent Heritage Farm Park, Maidstone
- Cotswold Country Park and Beach, in the Cotswolds
- Vertigo Adventures High Ropes experiences (three sites in England)
“PSC have worked with us on two projects. Firstly a project to analyse and advise on future management options for our Countryside Service and secondly a project to detail business opportunities within our Country Parks portfolio. Richard and Kevin provided a personal and enthusiastic challenge and brought an understanding of “the business” to our projects resulting in a number of exciting (and costed) opportunities being identified within the parameters detailed in our brief. Both of the reports arrived on schedule and on budget and are now providing the backbone to our business development strategy as we move forward”. Chris Buggy Countryside Projects Manager.
Parks and recreation consultancy – how can we help you?
Please call or email Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email@example.com if you have any queries about our parks and recreation consultancy services.