Planning Solutions Consulting was commissioned to prepare a business plan for Oriel y Parc Visitor Centre and Gallery, which is located in St Davids and incorporates a semi-subterranean gallery, education rooms, discovery room, artist in residence studio alongside retail space and café.
The building is innovative in design and operation using state-of-the-art green technologies to provide a comfortable and sustainable building; Oriel Y Parc has been designed to use basic natural resources of the sun, rain and native vegetation to cut down on the use of power and processed water. Enclosed within the arc of the building is a formal courtyard, in the centre of which lies the St David’s Day Stone.
Education programmes are offered at Oriel y Parc Visitor Centre some of which are linked to learning about the National Park through the arts and the work of artists. School visits can be combined with National Park ranger-led activities. Events are also hosted at the visitor centre.
Our work focussed on carrying out:
- A review of the operational and strategic context of the site
- A baseline assessment of the assets and overall visitor experience,
- helping to identify areas of the offer which could be enhanced
- A market assessment, identifying how future trends are likely to impact on the visitor experience
- Reviewing comparator visitor attractions
- Consultation with staff and volunteers, including interviews,
- workshops and an online survey to identify their aspirations for Oriel y Parc Visitor Centre and to test our initial thoughts on product development opportunities
- Developing a vision for Oriel y Parc Visitor Centre Preparing a development strategy with action plan setting out priority actions with timescales and indicative outcomes and supporting business plan.
Find out more about Oriel y Parc Visitor Centre here.
Have a look at some of the other projects we have worked on in our National Parks.
How can we help?
If you have any questions or would like to discuss our work please don’t hesitate to call Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email email@example.com