Client: Sussex Wildlife Trust
We were commissioned by the Sussex Wildlife Trust to prepare a business plan which is being used to support a National Lottery Heritage Fund funding application for the Rye Harbour Discovery Visitor Centre. Our work focused on:
- Integrating the work carried out by the Activity Planner
- Identifying how the project delivers strategic outcomes
- Carrying out an assessment of the market place – existing users, an analysis of the residential population and tourism marketplace
- Reviewing comparable case studies of visitor centres operated by other Wildlife Trusts which informed the financial modelling within the business plan
- Developing a programme of primary visitor research to help identify demand for facilities within the visitor centre
- Reviewing governance structures
- Setting out a staffing structure
- Forecasting future visitor numbers for the visitor centre
- Preparing a 10-year financial model with sensitivity analysis
- Setting out the key risk associated with the project
Find out more about the project here.
How can we help?
If you have any questions about preparing a business plan or income generation strategy for a visitor attraction or visitor centre or would like to discuss our work please don’t hesitate to call Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email email@example.com