Planning Solutions Consulting Limited has been working in the leisure and tourism sectors for over 20 years, alongside our business planning work, we also provide leisure property consultancy services. We can trace our roots back to the research division of the Rank Group – Rank Holiday and Hotels Development Limited.
Our sister company operates a wide range of leisure businesses and this provides our consultancy team with a valuable insight into the current marketplace and economic conditions. This means we are able to combine robust research programmes with reference to direct live time trading analysis of leisure businesses.
Leisure property consultancy services
Our leisure property consultancy work focusses on four key areas:
- For site owners we carry out option appraisals to identify and evaluate future uses of the site to maximise value.
- We are also asked by clients to help them carry out soft market testing exercises to identify potential operating partners or businesses who may be interested in acquiring the site
- For leisure business owners we are often commissioned to carry out business reviews to identify suitable opportunities to maximise income being generated by an existing leisure business. We can also help to prepare the supporting business case and develop a leisure masterplan if required
- For clients looking to acquire a specific site, we are commissioned to assess their suitability for development
Leisure property consultancy projects
Some of the leisure property projects we have worked on include:
- Forest Holidays, UK wide: We have been working with the Forest Holidays management team for over 20 years, carrying out a strategic development review and, on an ongoing basis, individual site assessments
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council: Soft market testing exercise amongst cinema operators to support the development of the Regent Cinema in Redcar
Harry Ramsden’s, Brighton: Working for the franchise operator in Brighton we carried out an assessment of a number of properties before identifying and evaluating the property for a 100-cover restaurant, opposite Brighton Palace Pier
- Hampshire County Council: Review of five country parks to identify new revenue generating opportunities. Our work supported the £16m Country Parks Transformation Programme
- Peak District National Park Authority: Working as sub-consultants, we were commissioned to review the tourism and recreation assets owned by the National Park
- Leicestershire County Council: Carried out a site and market and assessment to test the viability of introducing a new caravan based leisure operation on a site owned by the Council
- TopGolf: We worked with the management team to identify and evaluate sites to introduce this new golf concept into the UK marketplace
- Private client: A client had identified a potential site for a new motorway service station and we were commissioned to review this opportunity
- Charity: Our client has developed and manages a residential activity centre and we were commissioned to identify the potential impact a nearby residential development would have on this business
- Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council: We were commissioned by the Council to carry out an options appraisal on the future of the former Pit Head Baths site in Llanhilleth, Blaenau Gwent
How can we help?
Please don’t hesitate to phone or email Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 / email@example.com if you would like to talk through your potential project.