Working as leisure consultants Planning Solutions Consulting has delivered a range of leisure consultancy projects across the UK. Our work focusses on:
- Carrying out market and demographic assessments
- Identifying future development scenarios and carrying option appraisals to identify lead development options
- Advising on governance and delivery options
- Preparing business plans to test the financial viability of projects and to help secure development funding
Leisure consultancy projects we have worked on include:
- Horizon Leisure: Carried out an options review of two cafes managed by the Trust in the Havant and Waterlooville Leisure Centres to identify and evaluated opportunities to enhance the customer experience and generate additional revenue.
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council: Soft market testing exercise for the Regent Cinema, a leading seafront leisure site on Redcar Seafront.
- Blackpool Council: Working for the Council we carried out a market assessment including a demographic analysis of the residential population base and competitive landscape, which was used to identify and assess future options for watersports in Stanley Park.
- Trust: Carried out an options appraisal and market assessment for a new watersports offer in the Midlands.
- Private Client: Assessment of the opportunity to introduce a new catering outlet within a marina development.
Unlike many consultancies we have hands-on experience of investing in, developing and managing leisure businesses through our sister company, Planning Solutions Limited. These include:
- Cotswold Country Park and Beach
- CONKERS, a 120 discovery centre park
- Supertubing Experience
- Adventure Land
- Vertigo Adventures High Ropes experiences (three sites in England)
- Heritage Brewing Company (a microbrewery)
- Royal Esplanade Hotel, Isle of Wight
This ‘hands-on’ operational experience helps to ensure our work is commercially focussed and is based on real world experience.
We commissioned PSC to undertake a soft market testing exercise for the Council’s redevelopment of the Regent Cinema in Redcar. PSC were very proactive throughout the process and kept us regularly informed on progress and market responses received. The prospectus and questionnaire sent out was clear and concise and we believe as a result of this and their work PSC were able to secure a large return from the market. This in turn enabled us to target our further enquiries as well as informing the emerging designs. We believe PSC went the extra mile to provide good advice, we wouldn’t hesitate to use again in future projects.” Mark Hopgood, Senior Place Development and Investment Project Lead, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
Leisure consultants – how can we help you?
Please call or email Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email@example.com if you have any queries about our leisure consultancy services.