Heritage Consultancy How Can we Help?
Please call or email Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about our heritage consultancy services.
As a heritage consultancy we specialise in the visitor experience and tourism sectors. We offer a ralimited nge of heritage consultancy services to support heritage organisations in making the most effective use of their resources in an increasingly competitive climate. Heritage sites are facing a number of challenges, particularly in terms of cuts to public sector funding and there is a increasing need for heritage organisations to develop a commercial outlook. We offer insights which are both commercial and meets the needs of the market yet remain sensitive to the conservation aims of a project or organisation. As a heritage consultancy we understand that there is a careful balance to maintain between commercial activities and conserving and enhancing the significance and qualities of the site which make them special places to visit.
We provide the following heritage consultancy services:
- Heritage business planning – shape future project strategy and funding applications with robust financial analysis. We also advice on governance options and carrying out business risk assessments
- Operational reviews and planning – develop and implement end-to-end action plans, carrying out reviews of staffing and developing marketing action plans. A significant level of our current work is focused on identifying ways to generate additional revenue and resource management
- Heritage visitor experience planning and masterplanning – respond to changing market trends and commercial realism we work with clients to prepare strategic heritage visitor experience and development plans (helping to create unique visitor experiences)
We offer a fresh pair of eyes and our work is underpinned by extensive consultant and research, from exploring audience groups on site to developments and trends across the wider region and wider marketplace. We work closely with clients and stakeholders to gain a deeper understanding of each project and also to encourage staff and volunteer participation to achieve buy-in across the organisation.
What makes us different to other heritage consultancies?
Our sister company owns and operate several heritage attractions including the National Brewery Centre (formerly the Bass Museum) and Kent Life Heritage Farm. This direct operational experience in the heritage sector provides invaluable insight, meaning we are well positioned to offer operational and business advice to our clients. They also manage CONKERS, a discovery centre, the Cotswold Country Park and Beach, a high ropes experience, heritage microbrewery and hotel. Find out more about the operations here.
Working with others
We enjoy leading a project or working alongside others such as conservation architects, conservation specialists, quantity surveyors, landscape architects and activity planners, combining skill sets from both our core team and wider network of specialists.
Some of the heritage consultancy projects we have worked on:
- Caerphilly Castle – masterplanning and supporting business case
- Ditherington Flax Mill – business planning
- Cefn Coed Colliery Museum – masterplanning and supporting business case
- Buster Ancient Farm – feasibility study assessing future opportunities
- Haverfordwest Castle – development planning and supporting business case
- Pleasley Pit – feasibility study and latterly the business case
- Forty Hall Estate – business development planning