An important part of preparing the business plan is to identify and assess the potential governance model to help deliver and take projects forward.
Governance model options include:
- In-house management
- Establishing a Trust or similar body
- Management of the service via a Private Management Company
- Management of the service delivered solely by an existing Non-Governmental Organisation
- Community Interest Company
- Specific elements delivered by third party specialists
Today there is an increasingly important role which volunteers and local communities can become involved in the delivery of projects.
In deciding the most appropriate business management route or model to take the project forward, we consult with key stakeholders and develop a scoring matrix to assess each option. A broad range of criteria is used to review the various options.
You can see some of the projects below we have worked on where we have advised on governance options.
- Manydown, Hampshire County Council and Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
- Brockholes Reserve and Floating Centre, Wildlife Trust for Lancashire, Manchester and North Merseyside
- STEM Visitor Centre, Hartlepool Borough Council
- Snibston Museum, Leicestershire County Council
- Caldicot Castle and Country Park, Monmouthshire County Council
If you would like to discuss your project please don’t hesitate to phone or email Richard or Kevin on 023 9248 1999.