Client: Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council
Planning Solutions Consulting was commissioned to examine the potential for the development of overnight visitor accommodation within the Gnoll Estate Country Park.
Gnoll Estate Country Park is located near the market town of Neath and the country park consists of approximately 219 acres of parkland and a number of Grade 2 listed historic structures within its landscape. Gnoll Estate is a popular country park which has strong ties to the local community.
Our work included:
- Site assessment to inform the options appraisal
- A review of the tourism marketplace, in particular trends related to overnight stays. The residential marketplace in terms of the two-hour drivetime catchment was assessed. This is the key market place which drives short breaks
- Consultation with Members, Officers, Staff and other interested parties helped to shape the development proposals
- A review of two case examples informed the priority development options
- A number of different accommodation options, including but not limited to, forest lodges, touring caravans, self-catering cottages and glamping were identified and evaluated
- For the preferred development option, tariff and occupancy models were developed, along with a three-year forecast trading profile
- A supporting concept plan and sketches were also produced
Find out more about Gnoll Estate Country Park here.
Images kindly provided by Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council.
How can we help?
If you have any questions or would like to discuss our work within the visitor accommodation or country parks sectors please don’t hesitate to call Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email email@example.com