PSC worked with the senior management team at Calshot Activities Centre, one of the south coast’s leading multi-use activity centres.
The research led to the production of a longlist of potential uses which were assessed using a scoring matrix. The scoring matrix used a range of criteria including but not limited to:
- Physical fit and synergy with proposed range of likely uses
- Indicative capital investment required
- Meeting an identified “gap” or opportunity
- Customer driven – meeting the needs of stakeholders, visitors, education and other groups
- Potential to increase visitors / market appeal (particularly during winter months)
- Revenue generation / commercial viability and long term sustainability
- Achieving certain outcomes (e.g. education, employment, training opportunities, opportunities for volunteering, which are particularly important from a funding perspective)
Quick wins in terms of marketing were also identified as part of our work. The work helped to secure funding and led to the introduction of new ‘products’ including an Aero Trek offer and new climbing experiences with 12 auto belays.
How can we help?
If you have any questions about our work in the activity sector please don’t hesitate to call Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email email@example.com