The Vale of Glamorgan Council commission Planning Solutions Consulting to carry out a feasibility study into assessing the opportunity to introduce supporting infrastructure to host a number of low-impact events at a specific coastal site on the Glamorgan Heritage Coast. Potential events included: open air theatre performances; music; pop-up cinema and other shows alongside community and sporting events. A key objective was to raise the profile of the Heritage Coast as a tourist destination.
Our work focussed on:
- Assessing the latest event trend data and background information on current visitor levels at the site.
- Reviewing the competitive landscape to identify gaps in the events market place
- Identifying proposals that added value to the visitor economy and create jobs
- Reviewing potential income generation opportunities and the different business models which could be adopted
- Providing details of the economic benefits related to the introduction of events
The wider study also assessed opportunities for outdoor activities and other commercial facilities.
How can we help?
If you are developing an events or destination development strategy and would like to talk through your project, please don’t hesitate to call Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email email@example.com.