We prepared a business plan and master plan to help secure the long-term future of Dinton Pastures Country Park. A key element of the work was to consider alternative uses for the former golf course located within the country park (which had been closed).
As part of the visitor experience masterplanning and business planning process we:
- Carried out an assessment of the existing business
- Carried out a module of staff consultation and consultation (including a workshop) with the Senior Management Team
- Prepared a market assessment including a demographic analysis
- Reviewed case examples to learn from best practice within the sector
- Carried out an options appraisal to establish the appropriate scale of any development
- Advised on different funding options
- Prepared a financial model to establish the return on investment over a 10 year period, identify gross and net profit
- Set out and assessed the types and levels of partnership working available to deliver specific activities (including attracting third party investment)
- Prepared a risk assessment
Key outputs included:
The production of a country park visitor experience masterplan and robust business plan for the favoured development option showing a clear business case and delivery method based on sound evidenced and fully costed information.