The £19 million project, which has been developed in 2 phases, includes 3 cafes / restaurants, specialist retail, education centre, two lakes, woodland, all ability trails, interactive and hi-tech exhibits, narrow gauge railway, high ropes, covered amphitheatre, events programmes, corporate offer, adventure play area, indoor play areas, interpretation and interactive experiences and a major viewing platform.
We helped to prepare the original market assessment and business plan, which was used to secure over £16 million in funding including a successful Millennium Lottery bid.
Our work involved:
- Site assessment
- Market review, this included a detailed demographic review to identify the core characteristics of the primary market
- Competitive review – gap analysis
- Options appraisal – identifying the core product to meet the needs of the market
- Operational considerations (opening hours, operational procedures, hiring staff, pre-opening strategy, pricing etc)
- Business plan, producing a detailed visitor model with forecast future visitor numbers alongside financial considerations and the production of a 10 year trading profile and cash flow
- Working with the design team to advise on the content, space use requirements and visitor flows
- Preparing and implementing the branding and pre and post opening marketing strategies
- Assisting with the project management and implementation during all construction phases.
Find out more about CONKERS.
How can we help?
If you have any questions about preparing a business plan or income generation strategy for a visitor attraction or visitor centre or would like to discuss our work please don’t hesitate to call Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email email@example.com