- Physical isolation / linkages
- Changes in tourism trends
- The seasonality of the seaside economy, particularly in terms of employment
- Frequent high levels of deprivation
- A range of housing issues
- Declining town centres
- Issues concerning coastal erosion
- Demography – ageing and transient populations
Appropriate tourism development can play an important role in helping to create a sustainable coastal economy. A number of destinations have used small scale interventions such as the East Beach Cafe in Littlehampton which have had a significant positive impact in terms of raising the tourism profile and attracting new visitors. We were invited to present our thoughts about sustainable coastal tourism development at the Devon Maritime Forum.
You can have a look at some of the coastal regeneration projects we have worked on here.
To find out more about coastal regeneration and tourism please contact Richard Linington -email@example.com or tel: 023 9248 1999