Butser Ancient Farm was founded in 1970 by the Council for British Archaeology and provides a timeline of ancient homes from the Stone Age through to the Anglo-Saxons with live archaeological demonstrations. Butser Ancient Farm is an experimental archaeology site which caters for a range of audiences from education groups through to postgraduate students and the wider family marketplace.
Working alongside the terra firma consultancy, a landscape architects practice, who were developing a future masterplan, Planning Solutions Consulting were commissioned to prepare a feasibility study to identify future development opportunities for this specialist attraction. We worked closely with the senior management and the masterplanning team. Our work focussed on:
- Reviewing and auditing the business from a financial, operational and visitor experience perspective – helping to identify ‘quick-wins’
- Carrying out a market assessment and in particular identifying core ‘market segments’ to engage with in the future
- Helping to prepare the future development masterplan, identifying indicative capital costs and setting out the business strategy
- Developing a model to forecast future visitor numbers
- Preparing the supporting financial case
The project is ongoing and you find out more about Butser Ancient Farm Butser Ancient Farm.
How can we help?
If you have any questions about preparing a feasibility study or masterplan or would like to discuss our work please don’t hesitate to call Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org