Similar to other Local Authorities, Wokingham is seeking to manage its assets and services in the most cost effective and sustainable way. There is a determination to maintain Parks and Open Spaces within the borough into the long term and to minimise risks associated with declining council budgets and pressures on non-statutory services. The Council was very aware of the need to investigate further innovative income generation methods, to ensure that services are protected and enhanced.
We identified and assessed different options in terms of how the service could be delivered. Models included:
- Continuation of the management of the service delivered solely by a Local Authority
- Management of the service delivered solely by a Charitable Body / Community Interest Company / Mutual formed by the Local Authority
- Management of the service delivered solely by a Private Management Company
- Management of service delivered solely by an existing Non-Governmental Organisation
- Combination of the above
Our report set out:
- Strengths / weaknesses of current arrangements
- Future challenges to service provision and solutions
- Detail delivery options for the long term
- Advice on preferred options with supporting financial information
How can we help?
If you have any questions about preparing a business plan or masterplan for a country park or recreation site or would like to discuss our work please don’t hesitate to call Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org