Bewl Water is a leading recreation and activity tourism destination in Kent, which is managed by the Makerstudy Group. The site incorporates an 800 acre reservoir which is owned by Southern Water. The visitor offer includes:
- A network of walking and bike trails – the route around the reservoir is over 12 miles in length. A water taxi provides an alternative way for visitors to explore Bewl Water
- Dry and wet side activities from bike hire through to watersports including stand up paddleboarding, windsurfing and canoeing.
- Floating adventure play – the Aqua Park
- A dryside adventure play area
- Rowing and sailing clubs
- A laser challenge zone
- Fishing uses
- Large-scale anchor events (from high end car shows through to triathlons)
- Two catering offers – the Boathouse Bistro and Waterfront Café
Planning Solutions Consulting worked with the Client Team to identify and evaluate opportunities to develop the visitor offer in an appropriate and sustainable way. This included carrying out a site assessment, analysis of the marketplace, a review of the competitive landscape and an options appraisal to identify and assess different options to enhance the visitor experience.
To find out more about Bewl Water please click here. Images kindly provided by Bewl Water.
How can we help?
If you have any questions about our work in the activity and reservoir sectors please don’t hesitate to call Richard Linington on 07866 742628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org