How can we help
Please call or email Richard Linington on 023 9248 1999 or email@example.com if you have any queries about our heritage consultancy services.
Working as heritage consultants Planning Solutions Consulting Ltd are a different kind of heritage consultancy. We offer a range of services to support heritage organisations in making the most effective use of their resources in an increasingly competitive climate. Heritage sites are facing a number of challenges, particularly in terms of cuts to public sector funding. PSC offers insights which are both commercial and meets the needs of the market yet remains sensitive to the conservation aims of a project or organisation. We work with heritage organisations to maximise their potential while conserving and enhancing the significance and qualities of the site which may them special places to visit. Whilst our approach is commercially driven, our extensive experience within the heritage and cultural sector means that we understand the conflicting priorities that can arise.
We provide the following heritage consultancy services:
- Heritage business planning – shape future project strategy and funding applications with robust financial analysis. We also advice on governance options and carrying our business risk assessments
- Operational reviews and planning – develop and implement end-to-end action plans, carrying out reviews of staffing and developing marketing action plans. A significant level of our current work is focused on identifying ways to generate additional income generation and resource management
- Heritage visitor experience planning and masterplanning – respond to changing market trends and commercial realism we work with clients to prepare strategic heritage visitor experience and development plans (helping to create unique visitor experiences)
We offer a fresh pair of eyes and our work is underpinned by extensive research, from exploring audience groups on site to developments and trends across the wider region and wider marketplace. We work closely with clients and stakeholders to gain a deeper understanding of each project and also to encourage staff participation and buy-in across the organisation.
What makes us different to other heritage consultancies?
Our sister company owns and operate several heritage attractions including the National Brewery Centre (formerly the Bass Museum) and Kent Life Heritage Farm. This direct operational experience gives us an invaluable insight, meaning we are well positioned to offer operational and business advice to our clients. They also manage CONKERS, a discovery centre, the Cotswold Country Park and Beach, a high ropes experience, heritage microbrewery and hotel. Find out more about the operations here.
Working with others
We enjoy leading a project or working alongside others such as conservation architects, conservation specialists, quantity surveyors, landscape architects and activity planners, combining skill sets from both our core team and wider network of specialists.
Some of the heritage consulting projects we have worked on:
- Caerphilly Castle – masterplanning and supporting business case
- Ditherington Flax Mill – business planning
- Cefn Coed Colliery – masterplanning and supporting business case
- Buster Ancient Farm – feasibility study assessing future opportunities
- Sewerby Hall and Garden – strategic development plan and supporting financial case
- Haverfordwest Castle – development planning and supporting business case
- Pleasley Pit – feasibility study and latterly the business case
Our project pages feature case studies spanning the heritage sector, including historic buildings, natural landscapes, the National Lottery Heritage, museums, forts and castle and schedules ancient monuments.