Planning Solutions Consulting Limited are experts in visitor experiences. We work across tourism, leisure, recreation and heritage sectors delivering a range of services from concept to delivery. Whether a project is large or small; a spark of an idea or a review of an existing operation, we are dedicated to delivering great results and value for money.
As operators of attractions ourselves, we understand the opportunities and challenges of the current climate. We offer realistic advice, founded on experience and detailed market research. We work collaboratively with clients to gain a clear understanding of their business goals and priorities in order to help them reach their potential.
What can we do for you?
Create your strategy to respond to changing market trends and commercial realism
Shape your future project strategy and funding applications with robust financial analysis
Understand your customer needs through detailed market research
Operational reviews and planning
Develop and implement an end-to-end action plan, from marketing to engage with your audiences, through to all aspects of income generation and resource management
Heritage Lottery Fund business planning
HLF business planning for built and natural heritage projects
Visitor experience planning
Create a unique visitor experience for your project or business
Find out more about our consultancy services.
To find out more and discuss your project call or email either Richard Linington or Kevin Brown, our directors on 023 9248 1999.
Our directors, Kevin Brown and Richard Linington, offer a truly personal and bespoke service, building the perfect team around each project. Our team includes specialists in research, financial modelling, economics and all aspects of the operations of visitor attractions, hotels and restaurants. Find out more about our team.
Our story and what makes us different
The Planning Solutions Group was established in 1995, tracing back to the Rank Group, where we were responsible for developing Oasis Forest Holidays (subsequently acquired by Center Parcs) and the rebranded Warner Leisure Hotels.
Our sister company Planning Solutions Limited, has been investing in, developing and managing a number of tourism, leisure and visitor experience businesses for 20 years. These include:
- CONKERS, a £19 million day visitor attraction in Leicestershire
- The National Brewery Centre formerly the Bass Museum in Staffordshire
- Kent Life Heritage Farm Park, a farm park experience in Kent
- The William Worthington Brewery, a micro in Staffordshire
- The Royal Esplanade Hotel in the Isle of Wight
- A High and Low Ropes Aerial Adventure in Leicestershire
- Vertigo Adventures, a high and low ropes adventure at Stanborough Park
- A Super-Tubing adventure experience in Gwent
- Onboard TV, an onscreen advertising service on Wightlink ferries sailing between Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
- A craft bakery on the Isle of Wight
- A Harry Ramsden’s franchise in East Sussex (operated from 1999 to 2016)
We have found that this practical operational and direct development experience helps to create a significant positive impact when working on visitor attraction, country park, heritage, museum and accommodation projects. It helps to bring a strong commercial realism to projects. Find out more about the operations.
Find out more about Planning Solutions Limited here.